Dr Alessandra Russo
Distributed Software Engineering Section
My main research interests revolve around the areas of Logic, Artificial Intelligence and Software Engineering. In particular, my main focus is in the cross-fertilization between Logic/Formal Reasoning/AI and Software Engineering and in the exploration and investigations of novel AI techniques suitable for Software Engineering application needs.
My research activity therefore unfolds along the following research topics:
- Non-classical logics (i.e. modal, temporal, substractural and fuzzy).
- Belief revision.
- Object-Oriented Formal Specification Languages.
- Abductive reasoning.
- Inductive Learning.
- Theory revision through inductive learning.
- Formal techniques for analysing of event-driven specifications.
- Learning techniques for elaboration, evolution of requirements specification.
- Formal techniques for analysis and refinement of policy specifications.
- Argumentation-based framework for inconsistency handling in policy specifications.
Editorial and Other Activities
IET Software Journal.
Visiting Associate Professor (20-28 Sept 2008)
National Institute of Informatics, Artificial Intelligence Group, Japan
Visiting Associate Professor (April 2008)
Software Engineering Research laboratory, University of Bari, Italy
Requirements Engineering Specialist Group of the British Computer Society
General Chair of the 2nd (ASE) International Workshop on Intelligent Technologies for Software Engineering (WITSE04), Linz, Austria, 21st September 2004.
Financial Chair of IEEE International Symposium on Policies for Distributed Systems and Networks, London 2009.
Programme Committees Membership
11th ACM International Symposium on Component Based Software Engineering (CBSE 2008), 14-17 October 2008, Universitat Karlsruhe (TH), Karlsruhe, Germany.
7th IEEE International Conference on Component-Based Software System (ICCBSS08), 25-29 February 2008, Madrid, Spain.
12th Working Conference on Requirements Engineering: Foundation for Software Quality (REFSQ'06), 5th-6th June 2006, Luxembourg, 2006.
14th International Working Conference on Requirements Engineering: Foundation for Software Quality (REFSQ 2008), 16-17 June 2008, Montpellier, France.
22nd Brazilian Symposium on Software Engineering (SBSE 2008), 13-17 October 2008, Campinas, Brazil.
6th The International Conference of Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Systems (ICCIIS 2007), 2-4 July 2007, London UK.
21st Brazilian Symposium on Software Engineering (SBSE 2007), 15-19 October 2007, Joao Pessoa, Brazil.
13th International Working Conference on Requirements Engineering: Foundation for Software Quality (REFSQ 2007), 11-12 June 2007, Trondheim, Norway.
- ECAI International Workshop on Abduction and Induction in AI and Scientific Modelling, 29th August, Italy.
20st Brazilian Symposium on Software Engineering (SBSE 2006), 16-20 October 2006, Florianopolis, Brazil.
19th Brazilian Symposium on Software Engineering (SBSE 2005), 3-7 October 2005, Uberlandia, Brazil.
18th Brazilian Symposium on Software Engineering (SBSE 2004), 20-22 October 2004, Brasilia, Brazil.
ASE International Workshop on Intelligent Technologies for Software Engineering (WITSE04), 21st September 2004, Linz, Austria.Austria.
- 15th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI03), Mexico, 2003.
ESEC/FSE Workshop on Intelligent Technologies for Software Engineering (WITSE 03), 1st September 2003, Helsinki, Finland.
8th Australian Workshop on Requirements Engineering (AWRE03), 4-5 December 2003, Sydney, Australia.
- 1st International Workshop on Model Based Requirements Engineering (MBRE01).
- Australian Workshop on Requirements Engineering (AWRE’2001), 22-23 November 2001, Sydney, Australia.
5th IEEE International Symposium on Requirements Engineering (RE-2001), 27-31 August 2001, Toronto, Canada.
International Symposium on Principles of Software Evolution (ISPSE), 1-2 November 2000, Kanazawa, Japan.
- 14th Brazilian Symposium on Software Engineering (SBES-2000), 2000.
- 5th Australian Workshop on Requirements Engineering (AWRE-00), December 2000.
- 3rd International Workshop on Intelligent Software Engineering (WISE-3), Ireland, June 2000.
- Asia-Pacific Workshop on Intelligent Software Engineering (APWISE’98), November 1998, Singapore.
Invited Speaker at the Seminar Series at the Department of Computer Science, University of Leicester, October 2008, Leicester UK.
Invited Talk at the national Institute of Informatics, September 2008, Tokyo, Japan.
Invited Talk at the Seminar Series at the School of Computer Science and Information Systems, Birkbeck University, May 2008, London, UK.
Invited Talk at the Artificial Intelligence Seminar Series at the Department of Computing, Universita degli Studi di Bari, April 2008 Italy.
Invited Talk at the Software Engineering Research Laboratory, Department of Computing, Universita degli Studi di Bari, April 2008 Italy.
Invited Talk at Department of Computing, Open University, June 200, UK.
Invited Talk at Department of Computing, King’s College. September 2001.
Invited Talk at IFIP WG2.9 Requirements Engineering, Key West, Florida, February 2001.
Invited Talk at IFIP WG2.9 Requirements Engineering, Flims, Switzerland, February 2000.
Invited Talk at NASA IV&V Centre, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA, May 1997.
Invited Talk at Department of Computing and Mathematics, Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester, U.K, November 1996.
Object Oriented Programming:Abstract data Types (First year), Spring Term
Software Engineering (MSc), Spring Term
Projects Portal for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Projects
1st Year PhD event: 1minute madness PhDPresentations:1min Madness